Ports of Auckland continue to suspend operations today due to Cyclone Gabrielle.
Please see below for details on changes to operations:
- Port operations continue to be suspended. Operations will resume at 7:00am Wednesday 15 February.
- There will be skeleton crews on-site for emergencies.
- If it is safe to do so, they will bring ships alongside early to prepare for resumption of operations at 7:00am Wednesday.
- Demurrage will not be charged for the period of the port closure.
- All cargo vessels have already been sent to anchor or sea as agreed with the Harbour Master (AT) and Ship Masters.
- The cruise ship Arcadia will remain berthed at Queens East.
- All other vessels remaining berthed at POAL (barges, fishing boats, navy etc) must have additional lines in place and have people on board or on stand-by.
POAL will be assessing the situation regularly and will continue to update stakeholders through operational advisories.
The team at POAL are working hard to support everyone and will manage requests and calls as best they can.
Following this weather event and the lost operational time, POAL expect there will be some yard congestion and high demand on VBS bookings. Please be patient as they catch up and return to normal operations.
Continue to keep up to date with Auckland’s emergency announcements here.
Stay safe and take care.