With the Covid-19 Pandemic and now New Zealand being forced into lockdown, we understand some of you will need facilities to store your containers. The Ports of Auckland is unable to help in these areas as they must keep their container terminal flowing to make sure that crucial freight is passing through swiftly. Therefore we would like to offer the following to our client base as well as Ports of Auckland customers as a temporary solution to support you through this unprecedented time. To offer this, we will need to make some points very clear as to the way we can make this work for all of you.
We will be offering a reduction in storage rates at the South Auckland Freight Hub (SAFH) in Wiri for a temporary period during Alert Level 4, whilst the country and economy are in lockdown.
The temporary rates will apply from the start of Alert Level 4 until the date at which the containers are uplifted from SAFH or delivered to your site.
Dry, non-DG cargo:
- 0-21 days $18/TEU & $36/FEU per day
- 22 days + $15/TEU & $30/FEU per day
- To implement this we will need to block stack containers and they will not be able to be accessed during the lockdown period
- If you have containers that need to be accessed, we will need to know this well ahead of the container arriving into the inland port and they must be essential product only
- Upon the ending of the lockdown period when businesses can commence trading again, containers will be prepared for dispatch on a LIFO basis. We will not be able to prioritise specific containers as we will have blocked stacked these. We will plan to move these as quickly as we possibly can however you may experience delays depending on where your containers are located within the holding stacks.
- If you have existing storage free time as agreed within your contract with Nexus Logistics, this will apply
- If you do not have an agreed contract in place with storage free time arrangements, the following will apply:
- Any boxes that have transitioned through Port of Auckland, the standard of three free days will apply at Wiri.
- Any container collected from Metroport – zero free days will apply.
- Will continue to be charged at standard rates as we have outside contractors who monitor these.
- Will continue to be charged at standard rates.
- Please note there are certain classes of DG that we cannot hold at SAFH, and any DGs we do hold can only be held for 72 hours – you must ensure that DG cargo can be delivered to your or an alternative site within 72 hours and these arrangements must be in place before we accept DG cargo into SAFH. We are working with the authorities to see if we can extend these hours to certain classes and will inform you as soon as we are able should this change.
- Nexus Logistics and Conlinxx will not be liable for any detention charges whatsoever over the storage of containers during this temporary period
- This includes at the end the storage period where delays may be seen extracting containers from holding stacks
- Please make sure you all consult your shipping lines for advice on how you intend to handle your detention arrangements
- Nexus Logistics and Conlinxx will not accept any detention charges
Inbound delivery to SAFH:
- If you already have shuttle and/or one-way rates agreed under contract, your rates will apply
- If you do not have shuttle and/or one-way rates, the following rates will apply:
- POAL to SAFH - $75/TEU & $125/FEU + FAF
- Metroport to SAFH - $150 per container + FAF + VBS ($10)
- If you wish to make you own arrangements for containers to be delivered to SAFH, a gate in fee of $70 per container will apply
With New Zealand about to go into Alert 4 at 11.59pm tonight, we are here to work with you and support you as best we possibly can. We certainly understand the stress this has applied to you all and your business. Anything we can do to support you with your freight requirements, please make contact with the following people.
Carolina Dunningham, Business Development Account Manager
Terri Carter, Business Development Account Manager email@example.com
Jordan Hurinui, Business Development Projects Account Manager
Claire Page, Business Development Representative
Ben Fausett, Business Development Manager
We look forward to working together and supporting you through this unprecedented event throughout the next several weeks.