With the COVID-19 pandemic and New Zealand now being forced into Alert Level 4 lockdown, we understand some of you will need facilities to store your containers. Therefore we would like to offer the following to our client base as well as any business in need a temporary solution to support you through this unprecedented time. To offer this we will need to make some points very clear as to the way we can make this work for all of you.
We will be offering a reduction in storage rates at the Manawatu Inland Port (MIP) for a temporary period during Alert Level 4 whilst the country and economy are in lockdown. The temporary rates will apply from the start of Alert Level 4 until the date at which the containers are uplifted from MIP or delivered to your site.
Dry, non-DG cargo:
- $10.00 per TEU & $18.00 per FEU per day
- There will be a lift fee of $18.00 each
- To implement this we will need to block stack containers and they will not be able to be accessed during the lockdown period
- If you have containers that need to be accessed, we will need to know this well ahead of the container arriving into the inland port and they must be essential product only
- Upon the ending of the lockdown period when businesses can commence trading again, containers will be prepared for dispatch on a LIFO basis. We will not be able to prioritise specific containers as we will have block stacked these. We will plan to move these as quickly as we possibly can however you may experience delays depending on where your containers are located within the holding stacks
- If you have existing storage free time as agreed within your contract with Nexus Logistics, this will apply
- Will continue to be charged at standard rates as we have outside contractors who monitor these. However we are very limited on capacity and you will need to check with us prior to these refers arriving into site
- Nexus Logistics will not be liable for any detention charges whatsoever over the storage of containers during this temporary period
- This includes at the end the storage period where delays may be seen extracting containers from holding stacks.
- Please make sure you all consult your shipping lines for advice on how you intend to handle your detention arrangements.
- Nexus will not accept any detention charges.
With New Zealand now at Alert Level 4 and in lockdown, we are here to work with you and support you as best we possibly can. We certainly understand the stress this has applied to you all and your business. Anything we can do to support you with your freight requirements, please make contact with the following people.
Steve Golding Business Development, Account Manager
Alexis Jopson, Customer Support Representative
We look forward to working together and supporting you through this unprecedented event throughout the next several weeks.