I wish to take a moment to update you on the progress of the recovery actions at the South Auckland Freight Hub, following the tornado on Saturday morning that damaged our site extensively. The recovery operation is now well underway; below is a summary of our actions and next steps.
- The recovery by crane of damaged containers and stack repatriation is 75% complete, of the estimated 400 affected containers.
- We appreciate the assistance we have received from KiwiRail. By the end of today we will have received three full trains from their KiwiRail Southdown yard to temporarily stage import containers from Ports of Auckland.
- We normally run our facility operations with three reachstackers; one has been recommissioned and is operational.
- A second reachstacker machine has been hired and will be delivered to site tomorrow.
- The site is being remediated back to its original grid layout. We have taken additional steps to use the truck and carparking area for the survey of damaged containers.
- Road transport operations are continuing direct to/from Ports of Auckland and KiwiRail Southdown Rail Exchange via the Conlinxx fleet with support from transport partners.
- We are currently running the site with a generator until we fully understand the damage and remediation. Subsequent updates will have more details.
Once the damaged containers are surveyed and removed we will progressively open the site for business. An update later in the week with more detail.
Please liaise with our customer services team for any enquiries.
Phone: (09) 926 8600 [option 1]
Thank you again for your patience and understanding. We will continue to keep you updated with regular updates with the recovery process.
CEO Nexus Logistics & Conlinxx