As you will have seen within the media and by way of our updates, the damage and destruction across our South Auckland Freight Hub site is extensive and operations continue to be ceased while the situation is assessed and recovery carried out. I am pleased to report the recovery operation has been successful and largely completed. Our focus now on returning the site to full operations; below is a summary of our actions and next steps.
- The recovery by crane of damaged containers and stack repatriation has been completed.
- Late yesterday afternoon, we received our first train back into SAFH from Ports of Auckland. This was a great milestone for the Conlinxx team at the site.
- We have two reach stackers operational to service the site, with a third unit expected to become operational early next week.
- The site continues to run off generator power (including the reefer storage area) whilst we work on restoring mains power.
- Damaged containers are being surveyed and we have started to notify affected customers by email as to the specific details of any damaged shipments.
- Where possible we are asking for damaged or potentially damaged containers to be moved to our customers’ sites for inspection. For any that are unable to me moved by truck due to the condition of the container, we will make arrangements to facilitate an inspection on site if that is required.
- Temporary lighting will be in place from next week so we can operate at the facility at night.
- A full train schedule will be back in place from Monday June 28.
We have trains planned to operate throughout the weekend, although at a lower amount than normal. The reduced volume of trains will allow for our Conlinxx teams to ease their way back from recovery mode to normal operations. Due to having only two reach stackers operational, R&D operations may be slower than normal.
Please liaise with our customer services team for any enquiries.
Phone: (09) 926 8600 [option 1]
From all of the teams at Conlinxx and Nexus Logistics, we would like to extend a massive thank you to everyone involved in the recovery of the facility: the logistics industry, KiwiRail, Customers, Ward Demolition and everyone who has helped us throughout the period. The support has been hugely appreciated and we are working hard to re-establish this key part of the Auckland supply chain.
Have a great weekend and stay safe.
CEO Nexus Logistics & Conlinxx